Oldest standing courthouse provides a glimpse into the past
Trail ride has raised more than $250k for St. Jude
Celebrating FFA Week
Spreading (and delivering) the love
Tourism calendar released
- From boys to men - 10:27 pm
- For the record - 7:58 pm
- Oldest standing courthouse provides a glimpse into the past - 5:41 pm
- Holzer Cardiac Symposium slated for March 4 - 5:06 pm
- PVH installs lowest radiation dose CT scanners in the region - 4:49 pm updated: 7:10 pm.
- Help for sexual assault victims at CONTACT - 4:38 pm
- This week in West Virginia history - 1:47 pm
- For the record - 7:24 pm
- New season, and name, for Northbend Church - 6:55 pm
- School board approves agenda items - 6:52 pm
- Success with S.T.E.M. - 9:05 pm
- Lenten Luncheon Series set in the Bend Area - 7:53 pm
- Ohio man pleads to federal drug charge - 10:24 pm
- Chamber to welcome Gee - 10:22 pm updated: 10:29 pm.
- Community Foundation announces scholarships available - 10:32 pm
- Remembering the sacrifices - 10:16 pm
- Sergent named finalist for ‘Best Columnist’ in AP Contest - 10:13 pm
- New Haven Council talks building permits - 8:57 pm
- Trail ride has raised more than $250k for St. Jude - 5:13 pm
- Unemployment rate declines in Mason County - 10:09 pm
- House of Delegates passes first bills of session - 9:42 pm
- A parade of Biblical proportions - 9:34 pm
- Gone but not forgotten - 7:48 pm
- This week in West Virginia History - 5:52 pm
- View Story - 5:23 pm
School board approves agenda items
POINT PLEASANT — The most recent, regular business meeting of the Mason County Board of Education included voting on personnel issues and polici...
Success with S.T.E.M.
MASON — Families had their design and engineering skills put to the test recently when New Haven Elementary School held a S.T.E.M. (Science, Tec...
Lenten Luncheon Series set in the Bend Area
MASON — A series of Lenten Luncheons have been announced in the Bend Area, all set to be held at the Mason United Methodist Church.The lunches w...
Ohio man pleads to federal drug charge
HUNTINGTON — Two men pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal drug crimes, including one accused of conspiring to distribute heroin in Mason County, an...
Chamber to welcome Gee
POINT PLEASANT —Known for its keynote speakers, the upcoming 71st Annual Mason County Area Chamber of Commerce Dinner, will welcome to the podiu...
Community Foundation announces scholarships available
MASON COUNTY — The Community Foundation of Mason County is now accepting applications for 2017 scholarships. The application deadline for the 20...
Repeat?: Safford, Smith return to state finals
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Independence appears to have already won the war, but that doesn’t mean that Point Pleasant can’t win a few batt...
Point Pleasant sweeps White Falcons, 81-61
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Big Blacks snapped their skid, and just in the nick of time.The Point Pleasant boys basketball team ended its seven-...
Tigers oust Blue Devils in sectional
RICHMOND DALE, Ohio —Simply put, it wasn’t a good game to cap off what wasn’t a good week for the Gallia Academy Blue Devils.With il...
Point, Wahama compete at state
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Wahama’s season has come to an end, while Point Pleasant is still going strong through the opening two sessions of the...
Stearns signs with Potomac State baseball
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Many chase a dream. Few make it a reality.Point Pleasant senior Abe Stearns fulfilled a lifelong fantasy of playing coll...
Attorney General reaches settlement in funeral home lawsuit
CHARLESTON — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey announced a funeral home and its owners will be forced to discontinue a significant...
RCBI teams with W.Va. Guard to expand economic opportunity
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. - The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI) has joined forces with the West Virginia Army National Guard on a new initiative to expand adv...
Quilts ‘N Things Guild visits Ronald McDonald House
Members of the Quilts ‘N Things Quilt Guild traveled to Charleston in December to tour the new Ronald McDonald House recently built along the El...
Pleasant CEOS Club news
The Pleasant CEOS Club met at the court house annex on Feb. Frankie Bumgarner and Linda Craig served lunch.Clinedda Austin, president, presented Janua...
Recipes and remembrances
Food was everywhere.“Here, you can take this, and be careful,” Mom told Dad as she handed him the Lemon Cheese Cake. “Set it on thos...
URG honor roll released
RIO GRANDE — The University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College announces the students who have been recognized for the fall 2016 dea...
Kiss the Son
Her eyes sparkled with light tears. She smiled softly. She said “Yes!” passionately. Then, right there in the restaurant, she came over an...
Transfiguration SundayMatthew 17:1-8
This Sunday is a special Sunday with a big word for the title: Transfiguration Sunday. Transfiguration means a complete change in form or appearance i...
There is no fear in love
I was recently working on a series of devotions and happened to be reading from 1 John 4:18, “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts o...
Bruce Lee Deal
EVANS, W.Va. — Bruce Lee Deal, 38, of Evans, W.Va., died Thursday, February 16, 2017.Service will be Friday, February 24, 2017 at 11 a.m. at the...
Fly your kite whatever age
Creating a simple life can be complicated. “Enjoy the simple pleasures,” is a common phrase encouraging us to cut out the excess, yet know...
Budget issues will dominate legislative session
As a new delegate, I knew before I ran that if successful, my term wasn’t going to be easy. The state’s recent budget problems have become...