Early voting begins Oct. 26; Register taking candidate submissions
Halloween haunts across Mason County: Updated listing of events, trick-or-treat times
Roush takes Miss West Virginia USA title
Thousands celebrate life ‘down on the farm’
Brewery gives visitors Craft Beer Experience
- For the record - 11:37 pm updated: 11:37 pm.
- ‘Colonial Days’ returns - 4:49 pm
- Sample ballot ready for review by voters - 4:15 pm
- OVP’s Halloween Costume Contest underway - 3:28 pm
- Annual M&G charity golf tourney raises over $10k - 2:48 pm
- A taste of literature - 6:57 pm
- Gallipolis in Lights - 6:33 pm
- Local farm earns high praise, award - 6:04 pm
- Concussion awareness event to be held Sunday - 4:46 pm
- Holzer recognizes pediatric fund sponsors - 3:17 pm updated: 3:19 pm.
- Ohio ReUse competition registration underway - 1:16 pm
- Reports of ‘creepy clown’ sightings reach Mason Co. - 6:33 pm
- Candidates hone final arguments for Round 3 - 5:27 pm
- Ariel to host “Oboes on the Ohio” - 4:54 pm
- CEOS ‘Harvest of Quilts’ winners announced - 4:43 pm
- New Haven still grappling with water project - 4:03 pm
- Chamber directors endorse EMS levy - 7:12 pm
- View Story - 6:23 pm
- Brewery gives visitors Craft Beer Experience - 5:37 pm
- Presidential election news highlights - 4:52 pm
- DOH denies commission’s request - 5:35 pm
- Purse thief sentenced to 6 months in prison - 5:30 pm
- Heritage Day promotes learning - 5:14 pm
- This week in West Virginia history - 2:43 pm
- Wahama homecoming parade - 2:38 pm updated: 2:42 pm.
Holzer recognizes pediatric fund sponsors
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer continues to be supported enthusiastically by area businesses and organizations. The Pediatric Fund, in existen...
Ohio ReUse competition registration underway
OHIO VALLEY — Reuse Industries is pleased to announce the third annual Appalachian Ohio ReUse Competition. Open to youth and adult residents of ...
Reports of ‘creepy clown’ sightings reach Mason Co.
MASON COUNTY — The national trend of creepy clown sightings has made its way to Mason County.These local clown sightings were first reported by ...
Candidates hone final arguments for Round 3
WASHINGTON (AP) — It was barely three weeks ago that Donald Trump opened the first presidential debate by asking, with faux deference, if it was...
Ariel to host “Oboes on the Ohio”
GALLIPOLIS — The Ariel-Ann Carson Performing Arts Centre will be hosting its Oboes on the Ohio double reed festival Nov. 5 in Gallipolis and fea...
CEOS ‘Harvest of Quilts’ winners announced
POINT PLEASANT — Quilters work long hours piecing and stitching beautiful works of art. For most, it isn’t about money, although a quilt c...
Herd stumbles against Charlotte, 27-24
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Marshall had plenty of chances to strike it rich Saturday night against visiting Charlotte.Now, the Green and White will be ...
Week 9 Football Box Scores
Southern 52, South Gallia 14SG 8-0-0-6 — 14S 12-20-14-6 — 52Scoring SummaryFirst QuarterS: Crenson Rogers 35 pass from Blake Johnson (kick...
Week 9 Football Scores
WEST VIRGINIABishop Donahue 30, Paden City 2Bluefield 53, Oak Hill 0Bowerston Conotton Valley, Ohio 60, Hundred 14Bridgeport 24, Keyser 13Buckhannon-U...
Golden Eagles edge Eastern, 25-20
BELPRE, Ohio — As the cliché goes, it’s not over until it’s over.The Eastern football team took a one-point lead with just over...
Raiders bitten by Bulldogs, 25-15
THE PLAINS, Ohio — The clock struck midnight.The River Valley football team had any remote chance of making a second consecutive Division V post...
DeWine, Morrisey to attend substance abuse conference
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear a...
Local GOP headquarters open
Mason County Republicans have opened their election headquarters at 314 Main Street in downtown Point Pleasant. Residents may stop in to pick up vario...
Fruth honored with voter award
Bonnie J. Fruth, pictured at right, was recently presented with the West Virginia Voter Hall of Fame Award by Secretary of State Natalie Tennant, also...
Honoring the fallen at Battle Days
The Point Pleasant Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution assist in organizing the memorial each year.Part of the memorial ceremony is the pre...
Scouts create ‘Free Little Library’
Girl Scout Brownie Troop 1147 recently planned a community project and members decided to use some of their Girl Scout cookie proceeds to build a Free...
A Hunger for More
Forgiveness may be at once both the most necessary of responses to the grace that God has bestowed upon us and the most misunderstood (and, consequent...
The Pharisee and the Tax Collector
In Luke 18: 9-14, Jesus tells the people a story about a man who thought he was better than everyone else. Both men went to the temple to pray. One of...
Firebombing wasn’t an attack on Republicans only
(Editor’s note: The following editorial appeared in The Charlotte Observer on Tuesday, Oct. 18.)Democracy was firebombed this past weekend in No...
My tree and me, growing sunward
Editor’s Note: Listen to the podcast of this column.When no one’s looking, I sometimes pick my teeth, especially if I’ve just eaten ...
Flower in the field makes selfless choice
John 15:13 says, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”But sometimes important Biblical conce...