Round-the-clock work reopens Main Street
Habitat House now a home for local family
Rock slide closes Main Street
Gathering for one of their own
‘Tuckerman’s on Lincoln’ brought to life by businesswomen
- Restoration efforts continue on historic home - 8:41 pm
- Proposed sewer increase in effect June 1 - 8:00 pm
- Who you gonna call? Local Ghostbusters raise funds for children in need - 9:04 pm updated: 9:05 pm.
- First ticket sold to Mason County Fair Bash - 8:22 pm
- Annual tourism essay contest underway - 7:51 pm
- New Haven talks water upgrade project, sewer rates - 7:46 pm
- Ariel to host Ellison’ Garland performance - 4:56 pm
- Four arrested on drug charges - 9:35 pm updated: 9:57 pm.
- Plans taking shape for upcoming Easter Parade - 8:09 pm updated: 8:31 pm.
- Miss WV visits New Haven - 7:35 pm
- Round-the-clock work reopens Main Street - 5:31 pm
- Capito rallies Mason County GOP - 10:12 pm
- For the record - 8:57 pm
- Rockslide closes a portion of Main Street in Pomeroy - 8:38 pm
- Chess club makes all the right moves - 7:21 pm
- Habitat House now a home for local family - 4:09 pm
- Mason County memories: Take me out to the ball game - 3:50 pm
- This week in West Virginia History - 3:26 pm
- Miss teen returns home - 2:24 pm
- Rock slide closes Main Street - 6:39 am
- St. Patrick’s Day Cultural Festival, Parade set - 10:04 pm updated: 10:22 pm.
- Honoring the party faithful - 9:27 pm
- Claflin Scholarships available to graduating seniors - 9:11 pm
- Town of Mason improving memorial park - 9:09 pm
- Starting a rock revolution - 8:59 pm
Miss WV visits New Haven
NEW HAVEN — Bullying.It seems to be happening everywhere these days. But, to Miss West Virginia?Miss West Virginia 2016 Morgan Breeden visited s...
Capito rallies Mason County GOP
POINT PLEASANT — A few months into the Presidency of Donald J. Trump, and U.S. Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.) had plenty to say about it...
For the record
Mason County EMSMarch 1- 14, Mason County EMS was toned out a total of 209 times. Station 100 had 129 (61.7%) calls, Station 200 had 30 (14.4%) calls ...
Rockslide closes a portion of Main Street in Pomeroy
POMEROY — St. Patrick’s Day was both lucky and unlucky in Pomeroy after an early morning rockslide shut down a portion of Ohio 833. There ...
Chess club makes all the right moves
POINT PLEASANT — They have only been in existence for two years and now they are the state champions.“They” are members of the Point...
2 from GA, 1 from Meigs make D2 all-Ohio
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Gallia Academy Blue Devils did their best work in the post.For the Meigs Marauders, Christian Mattox was the main man.As it...
Lady Knights whip Wirt County, 10-0
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Picking up right where they left off.The Point Pleasant softball team — fresh off a 24-10 season a year ago —...
Lady Knights top Spring Valley
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Spring Valley had the best player. The Lady Knights had the better team.The Point Pleasant girls tennis team had a trium...
Black Knights win season opener
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — A solid start to the 2017 campaign.The Point Pleasant boys tennis team put together a near-perfect performance in its 6-...
Wildcats claw past Point Pleasant, 8-3
NITRO, W.Va. — The Big Blacks simply dug too big of a hole and didn’t have the time to climb out of.The Point Pleasant baseball team surre...
Hoffman makes Class A boys all-state
CLARKSBURG, W. Va. — Wahama’s Philip Hoffman has more than made his mark as a White Falcon baseball standout.However, on Monday, he offici...
Recipes and remembrances
My mother was a short, stocky lady who always wore an apron. Sometimes she would forget to take it off to go to church. She was also the best school c...
AG alerts consumers to IRS scam calls
CHARLESTON — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, in accordance with National Consumer Protection Week 2017, alerted consumers to a ...
New U-Haul location
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — U-Haul Company of West Virginia has announced that Hogg & Zuspan Materials Company, Inc. has signed on as a U-Haul n...
Supporting Earl Neff Pediatric Fund
The Earl Neff Pediatric Fund at Holzer continues to be supported by area businesses and organizations. The Pediatric Fund, in existence for over 45 ye...
Busy 4’s 4-H Club news
President Emily Parsons, called the February meeting of the Busy 4’s 4-H club to order. “WV Boys and Girls” and the 4-H pledge was l...
The 60-day session of the West Virginia Legislature is past the half way mark. We have been very busy working on many issues while at the same time re...
When reading the legislative update from Delegate Butler, in the Point Pleasant Register on 2/14/2017 and 3/4/2017, he continues to blame President Ob...
Failure doesn’t have to become a failed approach
Judas and Peter: two disciples of Jesus, two members of the last supper, two unique sets of characteristics, two failures. We would do well to assume ...
Do not be a church traxler
I grew up in the very small town of Wardensville, West Virginia. But, even Wardensville had a “suburb,” and it was call “The Sandfie...
Water and Spirit, working together
We have been asked to deal with a question: In John 3:5, Jesus says that unless a man is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of ...
More than superficial spirituality
My children, over the years, have enjoyed my wife’s cooking immensely, almost as much as I do in fact. Comparatively, when their mother has on o...