Porter bringing new dealership to Pomeroy
Round-the-clock work reopens Main Street
Habitat House now a home for local family
Rock slide closes Main Street
Gathering for one of their own
- City of Point Pleasant launches new website - 6:44 pm
- Local athlete embraces abilities on cheer team - 5:36 pm
- International flight under investigation after landing at OU airport - 5:27 pm
- Easter Egg Hunts planned for Mason, New Haven, Letart - 5:18 pm
- Nursing students learn about hospice program - 4:24 pm updated: 4:39 pm.
- URG professors to host Welsh studies art exhibit - 3:15 pm
- Playing for the playground - 9:58 pm
- Spinning the wheels of progress: Chamber hears about benefits of biking in Mason County - 9:40 pm
- Mid-Valley Christian Extravaganza set for April 8 - 7:48 pm
- For the record - 10:14 pm
- Vinton man faces 9 counts of rape, 3 counts sexual imposition - 10:09 pm
- Commission approves budget - 8:31 pm
- The last day for the ‘Big K’ - 7:28 pm
- Town of Mason approves budget - 3:07 pm
- Learning business first hand - 4:57 pm
- ‘Who Works the River?’ - 10:46 am
- Mason County memories: The latest in a long line - 12:54 am
- Commission approves lawsuit against drug companies - 12:07 am
- URG in talks to potentially acquire Bob Evans Farm - 9:01 pm updated: 10:07 pm.
- Hatching a (lesson) plan - 7:40 pm
- Porter bringing new dealership to Pomeroy - 12:50 pm updated: 12:56 pm.
- Restoration efforts continue on historic home - 8:41 pm
- Proposed sewer increase in effect June 1 - 8:00 pm
- Who you gonna call? Local Ghostbusters raise funds for children in need - 9:04 pm updated: 9:05 pm.
- First ticket sold to Mason County Fair Bash - 8:22 pm
For the record
Tractor trailer rolloverThe Mason County Sheriff’s Department is investigating an accident involving a tractor trailer on U.S. 35 Sunday night. ...
Vinton man faces 9 counts of rape, 3 counts sexual imposition
GALLIPOLIS — A Vinton man pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Monday to nine first-degree felony charges of rape and three third-degree feloni...
Commission approves budget
POINT PLEASANT — The Mason County Commission has approved its budget for Fiscal Year 2017-18 and it looks very similar to last year’s ledg...
The last day for the ‘Big K’
On Monday, any exterior sign of “Kmart” was wiped away as the “Big K” on the front of the store’s former home was remove...
Town of Mason approves budget
MASON — The Mason Town Council voted to accept the 2017-18 town budget, as presented in a special session held Friday.With an anticipated increa...
Learning business first hand
OHIO VALLEY — A program which began eight years ago continues to teach today’s youth the ins-and-outs of running a business, as well as fi...
Lady Eagles blast Belpre, 13-5
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio —The Lady Eagles’ 2017 campaign began with a bang, or five.The Eastern softball team blasted five home runs on Wednes...
South Gallia competes at VC meet
McARTHUR, Ohio — Just like David, the little school did some damage.The South Gallia track and field programs enjoyed some successes on Tuesday ...
Rio Grande duo honored by RSC
RSC recognizes Rio’s PettyFLORENCE, Ky. - University of Rio Grande junior Tyanna Petty is the River States Conference Women’s Outdoor Fiel...
Blue Devils down Big Blacks, 8-3
POINT PLEASANT, W. Va. — Simply put, the young Blue Devils decided to utilize ‘small-ball’ in a big way.That’s because Gallia ...
Marauders fall to Waterford, 6-2
WATERFORD, Ohio — You can’t win them all.In a game shorten to six innings due to darkness, the Meigs baseball team suffered its first loss...
Preparing for poison emergencies
CHARLESTON — Poison emergencies do not just happen at home. A poisoning can happen anywhere-grocery stores, hikes, while having a picnic. If you...
Help with paying heating bills
CHARLESTON — The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) this week announced applications for the Emergency Low Income Ene...
WoHeLo CEOS Club news
The WoHeLo CEOS met in February with a theme of “Love’s in the Air.” Dedicated to having a wonderful year, WoHeLo CEOS held another ...
Avalanche CEOS Club news
The Avalanche CEOS Club recently met for the regular monthly at Letart Country Corner Cafe.After placing lunch orders, President Patty Johnson called ...
Local 4-H members attend beef expo
On March 17, members of the Mason County 4H Junior Livestock Judging Team competed in their first competition of the year.The Ohio Beef Expo took plac...
Jesus and his friend Lazarus: John 11: 1-45
Do you have a best friend? When I was young, I had a best friend named Cindy. She later moved away, but we had lots of fun together before that. Today...
Trusting in ‘the plan’
“But I’m almost done with college and God still hasn’t done anything,” protested the young woman across from me in the campus ...
Brewer talks latest legislation
Facing a deadline to pass bills out of the originating chamber, the House of Delegates and Senate members are working long hours in committee to quick...
Tipping the balance on tiptoe
I’d rather walk like a pigeon than be pinned down like a dissected frog, but at age seven I was instructed I must wear a metal brace to bed̵...
God has something even better
He didn’t meet your expectations—that’s okay, now He will exceed them.I’m learning that I don’t want God to meet my expe...
Getting, and staying, on the path
Some time ago, in a personal time of devotion, I was reflecting on the will of God and where it falls in my plans and priorities. I wrote, “The ...