Celebrating FFA Week
Spreading (and delivering) the love
Tourism calendar released
Hurt pleads guilty in dismemberment case
Remembering the 1937 flood 80 years later
- Unemployment rate declines in Mason County - 10:09 pm
- House of Delegates passes first bills of session - 9:42 pm
- A parade of Biblical proportions - 9:34 pm
- Gone but not forgotten - 7:48 pm
- This week in West Virginia History - 5:52 pm
- View Story - 5:23 pm
- Racine teen reported missing - 2:47 pm
- Mason approves PD ‘ride along’ candidate - 8:32 pm
- The voices - 8:21 pm
- A look at the upcoming Leon election - 8:06 pm
- ‘March for Meals’ event to fund nutrition program - 8:01 pm
- Anytime Shine car wash celebrates ribbon cutting - 5:46 pm
- Grant provides exercise equipment for Harmon Park - 8:26 pm
- Acts of kindness - 7:58 pm
- PVH obtains accreditation from Joint Commission - 7:21 pm
- ‘Bikes and BBQ’ event a first for Point - 9:59 pm
- Two arrested on drug charges on Georges Creek Road - 9:15 pm
- For the record - 7:21 pm
- Making the grade - 7:03 pm
- Law enforcement looking for runaway teen for second time - 12:32 pm
- County to assist in collecting Old Glory - 8:08 pm
- Communities getting creative to assist libraries with operating costs - 7:26 pm
- Who was the grandmother of local writing icon, McIntyre? - 5:34 pm updated: 5:43 pm.
- Pomeroy man charged in Syracuse armed robbery - 11:47 am
- Man shot by homeowner in reported home invasion - 8:18 pm
A look at the upcoming Leon election
LEON — Six candidates, all incumbents, will be listed on the ballot when the Town of Leon holds its municipal election on June 13.Leon Recorder ...
‘March for Meals’ event to fund nutrition program
POINT PLEASANT — Residents are invited to enjoy a night of fun while helping a worthy cause, when the Mason County Action Group, Inc. holds its ...
Grant provides exercise equipment for Harmon Park
POINT PLEASANT —Members of the Point Pleasant Bike Trail (PPBT) Committee will be installing outdoor exercise equipment at Harmon Park, with equ...
Acts of kindness
POINT PLEASANT — This month, the theme at Ashton Elementary is kindness.Kindness being something worth sharing, Ashton Student Council members m...
PVH obtains accreditation from Joint Commission
POINT PLEASANT — Pleasant Valley Hospital on Tuesday announced it has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval®for Hospita...
Install, maintain bluebird boxes by March 15
A few weeks ago I was out at the Meigs SWCD Conservation Area and noticed that our bluebird boxes, particularly the poles, were a little worse for wea...
Blue Devils sweep Portsmouth, 81-57
CENTENARY, Ohio — They appear to be peeking at the right time, but Friday night the Blue Devils were also pecking at the right time.Junior Justi...
Rebels fall at Miller
HEMLOCK, Ohio — After a stretch of playing some close contests, the young South Gallia Rebels couldn’t keep within striking distance on Fr...
Eagles avenge rival Tornadoes
RACINE, Ohio — They are known at Southern High School as the ‘Hustlin’ Tornadoes.But, on Friday night, it was all about the visiting...
Meigs holds off Raiders, 61-50
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — Not a great start, not a great finish, but what happened in the middle was truly magical for the Marauders.The Meigs boys ba...
Strong to lead Peoples Bank Dealer Financial Services
MARIETTA, OHIO — Peoples Bank had announced the addition of Gregg A. Strong as senior vice president, Dealer Financial Services.In his new role,...
Ohio Valley Banc Corp. reports 4th quarter and Fiscal Year earnings
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio - Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [Nasdaq: OVBC] (the “Company”) reported consolidated net income for the quarter ended December 3...
MCCF helps fund Rotary’s law enforcement banquet
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The County Community Foundation of Mason County (MCCF, Inc.) presented the Point Pleasant Rotary Club with a check to bo...
Rio Business School reaffirmed for accreditation
RIO GRANDE — The Emerson E. Evans School of Business at the University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College has received reaffirmation...
Local youth to go on Peru mission trip
Blayne Butler, a sophomore at Point Pleasant High School, is planning a mission trip to Peru this summer.Butler has been on the First Church of God of...
Love your enemies?Matthew 5: 43-44
Jesus said in Matthew 5: 43-44 this: “You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies...
‘I am the vine; you are the branches’
Among Christians, there is often a lot of dialog regarding God’s gifts to us. His spiritual gifts to us are those things of course that produce ...
Will you stay married to me?
In recent years, Terry has suggested several times that we do a little ceremony to renew our wedding vows. Married couples sometimes do that. It is a ...
Hearts don’t come with warranties or receipts. Neither does love. There’s no tags to clip or owner’s manual to read. There’s n...
The 2017 session of the West Virginia Legislature began on Wednesday, Feb. 8. We will be at the Capitol working on legislation for the next 60 days an...
Most folks who know me are also aware I’m a major movie nut. Specifically, movies of old Hollywood, whose time frame I must now admit extends in...