Wahama presents ‘spring showcase’ concert
Former first lady visits
Wahama High School crowns prom royalty
Home National Bank officially coming to Middleport
Up on Main Street
- For the record - 8:19 pm updated: 10:02 pm.
- Charges expected after officers called to ‘large party’ - 7:37 pm
- Early voting to begin in Mason, Hartford, Leon - 7:16 pm
- Hunt is county ‘Reading Teacher of the Year’ - 7:02 pm
- It takes an ensemble - 6:46 pm updated: 6:47 pm.
- Memorial Day Parade this Saturday - 7:36 pm
- For the record - 7:10 pm
- Mason Council talks dilapidated properties - 6:42 pm
- OVP among Ohio AP award winners - 7:46 pm
- Contract impasse led to three-day strike - 6:43 pm
- Siege at Fort Randolph - 6:18 pm
- Holzer recognizes students at science awards banquet - 6:08 pm
- Proposed legislation could toll roads - 10:51 pm updated: 11:01 pm.
- Looking to preserve history - 10:18 pm updated: 3:31 am.
- Celebrating ‘CEOS Week’ in Mason County - 7:18 pm
- This Week in West Virginia History - 5:52 pm
- Mason County Memories: Mason County at the Second Wheeling Convention - 5:02 pm
- ‘Tire take back day’ set for this Saturday - 10:51 pm
- Bend Area C.A.R.E. Catfish Tournament returns - 10:24 pm
- Libraries receive foundation grant - 6:56 pm
- Preparing for ‘Regatta’ - 6:28 pm
- King Kat results weigh in with locals placing - 5:27 pm
- Deputies investigating gunshot wound, alleged marijuana grow - 10:52 am
- A night, and year, to remember at Hannan - 12:03 am
- ‘Mayor’s Night Out’ returns - 10:54 pm
Contract impasse led to three-day strike
GALLIPOLIS — Local employees at the AT&T store in Gallipolis recently participated in a three-day strike which took place in 36 states and t...
Holzer recognizes students at science awards banquet
OHIO VALLEY — Holzer Health System recently honored outstanding local high school science graduates at its 34th annual High School Science Award...
Proposed legislation could toll roads
POINT PLEASANT — A bill currently under review by committee in the West Virginia House of Delegates could give the State Parkways Authority the ...
Looking to preserve history
POINT PLEASANT — History, and its preservation, attracted several to the recent meeting of the Mason County Historical and Preservation Society....
Celebrating ‘CEOS Week’ in Mason County
POINT PLEASANT — Along with Memorial Day and graduations, May also brings “CEOS Week” in West Virginia.The Community Educational Out...
8 locals named all-district in baseball
A total of eight players from the Ohio Valley Publishing area were chosen to the 2017 All-Southeast District baseball teams in Ohio, as voted on by th...
Hayman makes history in state finale
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — She wanted a state meet record and came up short, so a pair of state titles and school history will have to suffice.Senior A...
Raiders 7th, Blue Devils 8th at D2 meet
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — The Marauders won with relays and jumps.The Blue Devils did the job in the 800s.And the Raiders, it seemed like, excelled at...
Blue Angels 7th, Lady Raiders 8th at D2 meet
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — If Meigs sophomore Kassidy Betzing was the area’s tops, then teammate Taylor Swartz and Gallia Academy seniors Madi Oi...
Lady Knights 5th at Class AA meet
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — It was a historic weekend for Point Pleasant track and field … all the way around.Streaks both continued and ended, in...
White Falcons finish 22nd at Class A meet
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — For better or for worse, things remained the same for Wahama.The White Falcons scored at least one point for the sixth strai...
Donation to Battle Days
Shrikant Vaidya MD, urologist at Pleasant Valley Hospital, presents a donation to Ed Cromley of the Battle Days Committee in an effort to help raise f...
Townesmen Quartet in concert
The Townesmen Quartet will be in concert at the First Church of God, in Point Pleasant on Sunday, May 21, beginning at 6 p.m., the event is free and o...
Students to go ‘homeless’ for a night
POINT PLEASANT — This coming Saturday members of the Point Pleasant High School Youth Leadership Association will be holding a cardboard city ev...
Celebrating National Nursing Home Week
This Monday was the start of National Nursing Home Week for the residents and staff of Abbyshire Place.Opening ceremonies were held with a proclamatio...
‘Walk with a Doc’ this Saturday
OHIO VALLEY — Holzer Health System will host the Walk With a Doc walking program on Saturday, May 20, from 11 a.m. to Noon.Walkers will enjoy a ...
Loving Jesus – John 14:21
Do you love Jesus? It’s easy to say yes, but let’s think about that question for a second. How does Jesus know that you love Him? What can...
God’s personal opinion should be prioritized
Opinion polls gauge what we are thinking these days. Politics are driven by opinion polls. Manufacturing is driven by opinion polls. So is TV. We seem...
More than words
Though many give lip-service to the doctrine taught in Ephesians 2:8, “For by grace you have been saved through faith,” it becomes apparen...
Religion and science
I recall once watching an interview by ABC’s Diane Sawyer of Stephen Hawking, the renowned theoretical physicist and author of several books inc...
Does prayer leave you hangin’?
You approach someone, ready to give him or her a high-five. Then, all of sudden, that someone’s hand doesn’t meet yours. Only to be left h...
Swallow the nectar of the gods
“Honey.” The word sounds as smooth as the golden liquid actually tastes. Honey spoken as a term of affection can soften the sternest of fa...