The hills are alive, with the sound of music
Blues and Brews along the river
Welcoming back ‘the Belle’ to Riverfront Park
Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention
- School board approves personnel - 7:49 pm updated: 7:55 pm.
- Stocking up on supplies - 7:24 pm
- Thomas to take over at health dept. - 6:23 pm updated: 8:54 pm.
- For the record - 4:49 pm
- Gov’s Service Award to Spaulding - 4:37 pm
- The ‘shelter stars’ - 4:36 pm
- Balloon launch set for cancer awareness - 4:32 pm
- DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’ - 6:54 pm
- DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train - 6:49 pm
- Jobless rate on rise in Mason Co. - 5:35 pm
- No sheepish accomplishment - 5:26 pm
- Wildcats to host vendor bazaar and hot dog sale - 5:15 pm
- The Hoop Project generates downtown revenue - 2:30 pm
- ‘Back-to-School Carnival’ set for Friday - 7:11 pm
- Curfews, ATV’s topics in New Haven - 7:10 pm
- Civil War workshops scheduled - 6:29 pm
- WVDOH worker killed Monday; victim’s name released by officials - 5:42 pm updated: 5:49 pm.
- For the record - 4:39 pm
- DNC: - 11:37 am
- DNC 2016: Sanders, Mrs. Obama, Warren thrill convention - 11:53 pm
- DNC 2016: Die-hard Sanders backers divided on backing Clinton - 11:07 pm
- DNC 2016: Tuesday’s Schedule - 9:55 pm
- Biker Sunday rolls into area - 7:01 pm
- Peck Fest heats up concert stage - 6:30 pm
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:24 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:03 pm
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- County talks wrecker service policy - 7:00 pm
- Showing ‘love’ for museum - 6:55 pm updated: 6:56 pm.
- Council appoints new member - 6:37 pm
- For the record - 4:20 pm
- This week in W.Va. history - 12:00 pm
- Making guarded progress - 7:33 pm
- Saturday’s community cookout to welcome all - 7:07 pm
- Second Annual Peck Fest returns this weekend - 7:02 pm
- Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- ‘Rain’ book proceeds aid WV flood victims - 8:34 pm
- Wednesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 5:24 pm updated: 5:24 pm.
- Second arrest in meth case - 5:18 pm updated: 5:20 pm.
- Bringing ‘TNT’ back to the pageant stage - 5:00 pm
- Following Mothman’s trail - 8:55 pm
- Tuesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:48 pm updated: 6:53 pm.
- ‘Still Kickin’ at 102 years old - 6:34 pm updated: 8:26 pm.
- 20 years of looking for the ‘prettiest baby’ - 6:27 pm
- Bringing the ball home - 6:10 pm
- RNC: Go figure - 4:24 pm
- Celebrating 150 years - 6:55 pm
Jobless rate on rise in Mason Co.
POINT PLEASANT — After three consecutive months of decline, the unemployment rate in Mason County, increased.The most recent county numbers are ...
No sheepish accomplishment
POINT PLEASANT — A new $50,000 lamb barn has been built at the Mason County Fairgrounds and is ready for exhibitors and their animals to occupy ...
Wildcats to host vendor bazaar and hot dog sale
ASHTON — The Hannan Wildcats varsity football team is getting creative with raising funds for its program by hosting its inaugural Vendor Bazaar...
The Hoop Project generates downtown revenue
GALLIPOLIS — About 155 teams from across the region descended upon Gallipolis City Park on July 16-17 for the fourth annual The Hoop Project 3-o...
‘Back-to-School Carnival’ set for Friday
POINT PLEASANT — The Point Pleasant Presbyterian Church’s Back-to-School Carnival returns this Friday.The event is from 6-8 p.m. outside t...
Curfews, ATV’s topics in New Haven
NEW HAVEN — Youngsters breaking curfew and residents not following ATV guidelines in the Town of New Haven might soon be paying higher fines, it...
Post 39 forfeits final few games
RACINE, Ohio — Tonight’s scheduled all-star showcase marks the official end to the 8th District Legion League American Legion baseball sea...
Blue Angels make their mark at USAV Nationals
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Three members of the Gallia Academy volleyball team, which set a school record for wins last fall, found success in the sum...
A Whole New Ball Game
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — A win-win scenario that hopefully leads to a few more victories later on.A longtime supporter of youth football within the ar...
Local varsity soccer schedules
Point Pleasant Boys SoccerAugust20 vs. Capital, 2 p.m.23 vs. Lincoln County, 7 p.m.25 vs. Poca, 7 p.m.27 at Ripley, 10 a.m.30 at Lincoln County, 6 p.m...
Remember common courtesy at the boat ramp
With over 90 miles of Ohio River frontage and another 18 miles of Kanawha River frontage (or roughly 217 miles of Ohio River and Kanawha River shoreli...
Conference golf schedules released
Gallia Academy aims to stay on top in the Ohio Valley Conference.Meigs looks to regain the top-spot in the Tri-Valley Conference Ohio Division, and ma...
Final Pre-K registration set for Aug. 5
Mason County Schools will have a final registration for preschool on Aug. 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Mason County Board of Education Central O...
County CEOS clubs meet
The Mason County Community Educational Outreach Service (CEOS) recently met at the court house annex with Camp Conley CEOS Club as the hosts.Served wa...
Here’s your sign
Point Pleasant In Bloom has worked to bring back a welcoming site to those entering Point Pleasant from the north along W.Va. 62. The group purchased ...
More TNT Royalty
Pictured are TNT Royalty in the following categories: Wee Miss Natalie Akers, Tiny Miss Makayla Billings, Little Miss Abigail Woodall, Young Miss Hann...
‘Yards of the Month’ for July
The Yards of the Month for July have been announced by the Tu-Endie-Wei Garden Club for each ward in the city of Point Pleasant. Ward One: 122 Highlan...
Rise up to God’s challenge
God has work for you to do, and wants you to rise up to the challenge, confident in faith that if God gives you work, He will also give you the tools ...
Why not try the things of God?
We are killing ourselves to death.We are hating ourselves to death. We are mistreating ourselves to death.Humanity in the United States is at an all-t...
Mason County residents already pay enough taxes
Dear Editor,I recently read that the Mason County Commission has voted to place an operating levy on the November ballot to assist in funding Mason Co...
West Virginians work together to rebuild
In the days and weeks following the floods that devastated parts of our state one month ago, it is inspiring to see West Virginians banding together t...
Best practices to reduce painkiller abuse
Fighting the drug epidemic and reversing its deadly consequences are some of the most important challenges we face in the Mountain State. That is why ...