For more than 119 years, the Point Pleasant Register has served the people of Mason County as their primary source of news, as well as a guide to satisfy the community’s appetite for goods and services through advertising of local merchants.
Located in the Ohio Valley, the Point Pleasant Register is published Tuesday through Friday Morning and a weekend edition on Saturday mid-day.
Point Pleasant is the county seat of Mason County, W.Va., the home of the mysterious “Mothman” legend. It is approximately two hours from Columbus, Ohio, 45 minutes from Huntington, W.Va., and one hour from Charleston, W.Va.
Mason County is part of the tri-county region with Meigs County, Ohio, and Gallia County, Ohio. All three counties border the historic and beautiful Ohio River.
Our goal of giving readers a balanced and fair account of news and information on in this community and elsewhere in the world will never change, while the means through which we deliver your community news and information has expanded rapidly. Today, our readers can take their news in print five times a week, through e-mail daily, online and using their mobile devices anytime, as well as through live streaming broadcasts from locations around town. Currently we reach more than 32,514 readers with these various products.
The Point Pleasant Register seeks to provide the news the community needs, reported faithfully and fully, with respect for all and favor to none. We strive to be authoritative and insightful, to inform and to delight.
- To accomplish this mission, we set for ourselves the following goals:
- To be the indispensable, timely source of information and community coverage, examining all subjects that impact readers.
- To provide community members with information relevant to their daily lives.
- To raise issues aggressively and constructively in matters of public interest.
- To reflect the diversity of our community’s people.
- To ensure that the right information, reaches the right audience, at the time they want it using the wide variety of formats available to us.
Our news and information products have our name on it, however we want you to think of it as yours, too. Use it, enjoy it, and let us know how we can make it better. We are always eager to hear from you.