mydailyregister.com

A paid grant writer? No need for one.

By Charlene Hoeflich

February 2, 2014

Dear Editor,


Middleport grant writing the past several years has been very successful to the tune on nearly $12 million. This has been accomplished without a paid grant-writer. Paid grant-writers expect 10 percent of the total grant awarded in remuneration leaving the Village only 90 percent of the funds.


Because Middleport currently has a Mayor and several key department heads who possess superb grant-writing skills, a paid grant-writer is not needed; besides this permits the Village currently to keep the entire amount of the grant.


It is my opinion that any proposal to create a grant-writing position in Middleport smacks of a promised reward for helping certain council candidates gets elected.


Craig Wehrung


Middleport, Ohio