The organizational meeting was called to order by the new mayor, Mindy Kearns. Council members present were James Pauley, Nick Northup, Marty Yeager, Michelle Pearson and Sarah Stover. Re-elected Recorder Deanna Russell also was present.
During the meeting, several issues were discussed, including finances. Kearns asked for a motion to hold a spending freeze from July 5-7. After brief discussion, council agreed to the freeze.
Town committees also were established during the meeting. Committees are as follows:
• Police Commission — Pauley
• Trailer Permits — Northup
• Dilapidated Buildings — Yeager
• Streets — Stover
• Parks and Recreation — Pearson
In addition, the new administration set council meetings for 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of each month.
In other business:
• Council agreed to keep Stover’s name on the town’s bank account.
• Council agreed that meetings remain taped until the minutes are approved. Once approved, the minutes will be taped over with the next meeting’s discussion.
• Kearns announced that the town did not apply for a dilapidated building grant. According to Kearns, if applied for, the grant could have been used this year.
• Kearns announced that she will check on the condition of the town park’s restrooms.
• Council updated Kearns on previously discussed business.
• Yeager announced that the senior citizen’s building is in need of repair.
• Council met in executive session from 7:30-7:45 p.m.
The next meeting will be 6:30 p.m. Thursday, July 7.