During Tuesday’s council meeting, David Farley of CSX came before council to discuss the possibility of closing the Brown and Miller St. crossings. No action was taken, and council agreed to hold a public meeting regarding the issue.
The meeting date has not yet been set. During former Mayor Mindy Kearns’ term, CSX requested that certain crossings be closed in town, however, council voted in favor of not closing the crossings.
In other business:
• Council agreed to purchase 15 flag holders and poles.
• The need to pave streets in town was discussed. Council agreed to open bids for street paving during the March 15 council meeting, which is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at the city building.
• It was announced that the town’s Spring Clean-Up will take place May 2-6.
• Recorder Deann Russell conducted the first reading to amend the fire permit ordinance. Council agreed to accept the ordinance as read.
• Danny Yonker came before council in regards to Phase III of the town’s sidewalk project.
• Council met in executive session from 8:25-8:26 p.m.
The next meeting will be 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 15.