One of the main items on the meeting agenda was the first reading of the Water Rate Increase. After discussion on the issue, Council unanimously approved the first reading.
In addition, council also approved the first reading of the Sewer Rate Increase.
In other business:
• Council approved building permit No. 589, which includes the replacement of a roof that suffered wind damage.
• Council approved building permit No. 590, which includes the remodeling and replacement of a roof, located at 701 Fifth St.
• Council conducted the first reading of the Water Usage Ordinance. The ordinance was approved.
• Council held the third and final reading of the New Commercial Garbage Rate Increase. The final reading was approved, and the garbage rate increase will take effect on July 1.
• Council agreed to allow local Daisy Girl Scout Troop No. 8316 to plant flowers at the New Haven Park.
• Council approved the first reading of the New Traffic and Criminal Codes.
• Council discussed a letter that was recently sent from Triad Engineering, Inc. The letter pertained to the checking of voids in the town’s community pool. Council agreed to further discuss the issue at the upcoming council meeting.
The next meeting will be 6 p.m. Thursday, May 19.