Franklin Kenneth “Bubby” Richards appeared before Judge David Nibert and entered the guilty plea. He was indicted by the September grand jury for attempted murder, malicious assault and wanton endangerment.
On June 14, Richards allegedly shot Shawn Phillips of New Haven in a home on Broad Run Road. It is alleged that the men were in a verbal altercation at the time of the shooting.
Phillips was taken to the hospital with gunshot wounds to the abdomen and arm.
Richards will be sentenced June 1.
• A Dayton, Ohio, man also entered a guilty plea for possession of a controlled substance. Phillip Eugene Jackson was indicted by the January grand jury for possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver and conspiracy.
On Oct. 22, Jackson was arrested with Torell Justice, also of Dayton, and Thomas Robert Mallette and Shawn Edward Swisher, both of Point Pleasant, after deputies found about $2,000 worth of heroin along with $800 during a raid at a home on Lincoln Avenue in Point Pleasant. Also arrested in the raid were Brittani Nicole Roush of Henderson and Catherine Lee Browning of Point Pleasant.
Swisher is facing a prison sentence of one to five years on the charge of conspiracy after entering a guilty plea March 19.
Jackson will be sentenced June 1.
• Donald E. Johnson II of Dayton received a 1-15 year sentence in a state penitentiary on a charge of burglary. He will serve this sentence consecutive with his current sentence.
• Melissa Dawn Stover of Point Pleasant entered a plea of guilty. She had been indicted for aid in concealing stolen goods.
Stover will be sentenced June 1.
• David Michael Persons also will be sentenced June 1. Persons entered a guilty plea on an informational.
• A trial date of June 9 has been set for Carry I. Will of Point Pleasant and Larry Sheridon Riffle II of Hartford for first-degree robbery and conspiracy.
• April 7 is the trial date for Joshua Allen Strehle of Letart for three counts of burglary, grand larceny, two counts of petit larceny, attempted burglary and conspiracy.
• Larry David Wilcoxen of Letart will enter a guilty plea April 9. In January, he was indicted for burglary, petit larceny, attempted burglary and conspiracy.