During Thursday’s meeting, county commissioners unanimously agreed to change the spelling of Peniel Road in Letart to match that of Peniel Church.
Mason County Administrator John Gerlach stressed that the name of the road itself was not changing. He also said Peniel Road is spelled differently in various records and that making a single correct spelling would help avoid confusion in the future.
In other business:
• Gallipolis Ferry residents expressed concerns about a dilapidated property near their homes.
The commissioners said they would write a letter to state and local agencies regarding the issue.
• Commissioners unanimously approved a second revision to the budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
• Commissioners unanimously approved the hiring of Diana Fields as a secretary in the prosecuting attorney’s office.
• Commissioners unanimously approved the hiring of a part-time dog warden.
• Commissioners verbally approved the use of the courthouse parking lot for the Mason County Health Department’s health fair in August.
• Commissioners signed a proclamation declaring May 17-23 as Mason County CEOS Week.
• It was announced that Mark Bowman, who recently was arrested for possession of marijuana, has been granted administrative leave without pay from the Mason County Day Report Center.
• The meeting adjourned at 4:40 p.m.
The next meeting will be 4 p.m. Thursday, May 21.