Of those items, approvals were made for volunteers, drivers, and employment positions.
• The Board approved the following volunteers: Hannan Jr/Sr High School, Shelly Casto, Marietta Holly, Angela Perry, Katherine Randolph, and Jennifer Stover; New Haven Elementary, Melissa Hoffman and Ashlee Smith; Point Pleasant Intermediate School, Paul Flowers; Point Pleasant Jr/Sr High School, Stephen Littlepage and Lisa Westfall; Roosevelt Elementary, Irene Hesson; and Wahama Jr/Sr High School, Alice Heath and Polka Darlene Sisk.
• The Board approved the following drivers for the 2009-2010 school year: Richard Blain, Ben Loudin, David McClung, Kathy McClung, Brian Sayre, Lei Sergent and Michael Sergent.
• The Board approved the following as Work-Based Learning Program businesses: B&G Cycling, Candles & Things, Caruthers Horseshoeing, and the Mothman Museum.
• The Board approved student teaching for two Marshall University students beginning in Jan. 2010. They are Barbara Mitchell, to be placed at Beale Elementary, second grade, and Point Pleasant Jr/Sr High School, seventh and eighth grades; and Kelli Elliot to be placed at Point Pleasant Jr/Sr High School.
• The Board approved the following transfers: Ashley E. Roush, Teacher, Special Education MI/OHI/AU, Point Pleasant Primary School, to Teacher, Special Education, New Haven Elementary, effective for the 2010-2011 school year; and Brigitte Rhodes, Cook III, Beale Elementary, to Cook III, Point Pleasant Jr/Sr High School, effective for the 2010-2011 school year.
• The Board approved the following employments: Carla Sue Donahue, LPN/Aide/Bus/Supervisory, Central Office Itinerant, effective Jan. 6, 2010; Richard Stephen Handley, Coach Assistant Varsity Basketball, Point Pleasant Jr/Sr High School, effective for the 2009-2010 school year; and Jamie Hagley, Coach Varsity Cheerleading, Hannan Jr/Sr High School, effective for the 2009-2010 school year.
In other agenda items, the Board approved the Mason County’s Facilities Goals and Objectives for the 2010-2020 Comprehensive Education Facilities Plan (CEFP). It is now being developed by the appointed County Committee and Architectural Vision Group.
• The Board approved the low submitted bid of $9,064 from Colonial Food Service for the purchase of an electric convention oven, bun pan, rack, electric can opener and salad bar unit for Leon Elementary. The funding source is ARRA Equipment Grant Money.
• The Board approved the low bid of $10,700 from C&B Blueprint, Inc. for the purchase of an HP DesignJetZ6100PS 42-inch plotter for the Mason County Career Center. Funding to be provided by the Program Modernization Grant.
The next meeting dates for the Board is a special session to be held Jan. 5, 2010, and a work session set for Jan. 7, 2010. The next regular session meeting will be conducted at 6:30 p.m., Jan. 12, 2010, at the MCCC.