During the meeting, personnel was discussed and approved.
• The Board approved to post the position of English teacher, Alternative Education, 200 days. Funding source will be County Funds.
• The Board approved the employment of David A. Rankin, Substitute Teacher, English 7-12, and Physical Education 7-12.
• The Board approved the following list of substitute custodians: Melissa Abshire, Kenneth Blessing, Michael Burnett, Lewis Chatten, Lester Hall, Fred Lenley, Raymond Lewis, Joseph Marcum, Eugene Pearson, Jr., Sharon Pishner, Danny Roush, James Michael Stanley, Melissa Taylor, Sherrie Thompson and Shari Weethee.
• The Board approved to post the position of Title I Tutors/Interventionalist at the following schools for the 2010-2011 school year: Ashton Elementary, Beale Elementary, Leon Elementary, New Haven Elementary and Point Pleasant Primary School. Title I will be the funding source.
• The Board approved the following list for Athletic Assistants at Point Pleasant Jr/Sr High School: Erin Northup, Brenda Keefer, Sandra Mullins, Garry Peck, Tim Cottrill, Deborah Cottrill, David Bonecutter and Marla Cottrill.
• The Board approved the following list for Athletic Assistants at Wahama Jr/Sr High School: Dave Barr, Charlene Templeton, Charlotte Oshel, Melissa Lambert, Ricky Kearns and Philip Sereviez.
• The Board approved the following list of Athletic Assistants for Hannan Jr/Sr High School: Kellie Thomas, Mark Blake and Jennifer Jenkins.
• The Board approved out-of-state travel for Jenna Meeks, Sam Nibert, Tim Kidwell and Future Farmers of America students to attend the West Virginia State FFA Career Development Event/Contest in Morgantown during Sept. 23-30. Funding source will be FFA funds, school levy funds, vocational and Step 7 monies.
The next Mason County Board of Education meeting will be held at 6 p.m., Sept. 28, at Hannan Jr/Sr High School.